Illinois Adoption Attorneys
Our Firm Helps Grow Your Family
Adoption is often thought of as an exciting time in a family’s life. Bringing a child into your household or expanding your family can bring joy, but also lots of paperwork and legal issues. It is important that these matters get sorted out properly the first time to save you additional time, money, and headache.
Whether you are contemplating, initiating, or responding to a custody, guardianship, or adoption, you can rely on a practiced adoption attorney at Wakenight & Associates, P.C.
Call us at the location most convenient to you to discuss your situation for free and begin planning your future.
- In Cook County call (708) 480-9651
- In DuPage, Kane, or Kendall Counties call (630) 528-0734
- In Will, Kankakee, Grundy, or South Cook Counties call (815) 458-5660
The Adoption Process
Of utmost importance to the adoption process is giving proper notice as well as filing all the appropriate forms completely and in a timely fashion. In order to ensure that the adoption can never be undone, it is critical that all persons entitled to notice receive notice.
There are many kinds of adoptions that our lawyers can assist you with. These include:
- Adult adoptions, where an adult parent adopts an adult child. This type of case occurs when the parties desire a legal parent-child relationship that is not already there.
- Related adoptions, where a step-parent adopts a step-child. No home study is required and these are usually the fastest and cheapest adoptions.
In any case, once the final adoption order has been entered the child's legal relationship to the new parent is the same as if the child were the natural born child of the parent.
When You Need Assistance, Call Our Firm
Wakenight & Associates, P.C. has an office near you in Oak Park, Mokena, Aurora, Elmhurst, Burr Ridge, St. Charles, Northbrook, Schaumburg, or Chicago Loop. Our dedicated Illinois adoption attorneys are waiting to help you with your adoption case today.
Contact us online to get started!