What Courthouses Do Our Illinois Family Lawyers Cover?
Offices in Oak Park, Mokena, Aurora, Elmhurst, Burr Ridge, St. Charles, Northbrook, Schaumburg, & Chicago Loop
Most counties have a single county courthouse where all the divorce and family law cases are assigned. The courthouse address will be on the summons.
- The DuPage County Courthouse in Wheaton at 505 N. County Farm Road
- The Will County Courthouse in Joliet at 14 W. Jefferson Street
- The Kane County Courthouse in St. Charles at 37 W 777 Route 38
- The Kankakee County Courthouse in Kankakee at 450 East Court Street
Cook County Courthouses
Cook County is an exception to the one courthouse norm, for good reason. The United States Census Bureau estimates the 2012 population to be more than 5.2 million people, which is larger than the population of 29 states.
Cook County is so large that one courthouse would never suffice so the county has six district courthouses, plus a seventh dedicated solely to the resolution of domestic violence cases.
These courthouses are located in different cities throughout the county, as follows:
- Chicago: The District 1 Courthouse, known as the Daley Center is at 50 West Washington Street
- Skokie: The District 2 Courthouse is in Skokie at 5600 Old Orchard Road
- Rolling Meadows: The District 3 Courthouse is in Rolling Meadows at 2121 Euclid
- Maywood: The District 4 Courthouse is in Maywood at 1500 Maybrook Drive
- Bridgeview: The District 5 Courthouse is in Bridgeview at 10220 S. 76th Avenue
- Markham: The District 6 Courthouse is in Markham at 16501 Kedzie Avenue
- Domestic violence court: This courthouse is in Chicago at 555 W. Harrison Street
We represent clients at the domestic violence courthouse infrequently because this court is mostly used for cases where the only issue is domestic violence and the issuance of an order of protection.
In domestic violence cases where there are other family law issues, such as custody, visitation, support, or other matters, the Domestic Violence Courtrooms are not equipped to handle these issues so cases are frequently transferred to the Daley Center.
No Matter What Your Issue, Call Wakenight & Associates, P.C.
Our family law attorneys are available in any of the following areas:
- Cook County: (708) 480-9651
- DuPage, Kane, or Kendall Counties: (630) 528-0734
- Will, Kankakee, Grundy, or South Cook Counties: (815) 458-5660