Post-Judgment Modifications in Illinois

After A Divorce, Call Our Illinois Family Lawyers

No matter what the case, if the court failed to properly apply the law in your case, a motion to reconsider or an appeal may be necessary. Modifications may also be appropriate because even after your divorce is final any order pertaining to a child, such as custody, visitation, or child support may be modified.

At the same time, if the opposing party in your case fails to act as ordered you can petition the court to have them found in contempt and punished through the payment of attorney's fees and sometimes even jail time, depending on the severity of the offense.

Call Us about Any Issues Arising After Divorce

At Wakenight & Associates, P.C. our Illinois family attorneys help men and women with the issues that arise after a divorce is final. Many people do not know that this is even possible, however, the court can get involved even after the divorce is finalized.

A few examples of post-judgment modifications include the following:

  • Helping clients enforce child support, alimony, and visitation orders
  • Defending against enforcement motions regarding child support, alimony and visitation
  • Petitioning to modify a support, custody or visitation order
  • Defending against a petition to modify orders
  • Petitioning to remove a child from the state
  • Defending against a removal petition

Helping Families Throughout Illinois

Our attorneys can help you file the appropriate motions and petitions to accomplish your goals. For advice on issues related to modifying or enforcing an order for custody, support, or visitation agreement, contact a family law attorney at Wakenight & Associates, P.C. for a free telephone consultation.

We have offices near you in Oak Park, Mokena, Aurora, Elmhurst, Burr Ridge, St. Charles, Northbrook, Schaumburg, and Chicago Loop.