Illinois Family Law Attorneys
Helping People in Emergency Situations
family law problems can be anticipated and planned for. Even erratic behavior can
be thwarted through the issuance of restraining orders,
orders of protection, or the posting of a bond.
Some "emergency" matters are the result of delays due to wishful
thinking or continued attempts to resolve the matter outside of court
after it is clear that judicial involvement is needed. Prudent clients
inform their attorney at the first sign of trouble from opposing party
to avoid these issues.
Don't Hesitate to Call the Police or a Lawyer
At the law firm of Wakenight & Associates, P.C.
our Illinois family lawyers understand how important it is to react quickly if there is a true emergency.
We advise clients to call the police if they or their children are in
immediate danger. After the police have created a report, call our firm
as soon as possible, so we can begin working on the required pleadings
to quickly secure the necessary order of court.
We are available in the following locations:
- In Cook or Lake Counties: (888) 351-2843
- In DuPage, Kane, or Kendall Counties: (888) 339-4162
- In Will, Kankakee, Grundy, or South Cook Counties: (888) 303-1846
What Is a Family Law Emergency?
We cannot reiterate strongly enough the importance of calling the police
if you feel threatened or in danger. However, there are other emergencies
that require timely attention, but do not require you to visit the police station.
Our law firm can help with emergencies such as:
- Filing or contesting orders of protection
- Helping you follow through after temporary orders of protection were issued
- Responding when the other parent refuses to let you remove a child from
the state for vacation
- Responding when the other parent fails to return a child after scheduled
- If the other parent has a drug problem or is allowing friends who use drugs
to be around the child
- Worrying that the child may be an abuse victim
- Helping grandparents seek emergency custody of a child
We represent men and women alike in matters such as these. Many issues
require a prompt response and the filing of emergency petitions and motions.
Our clients know that they can rely on us to begin working quickly on
Call Our Firm for Any Family Law Emergency
For advice about a divorce or any other family law emergency,
contact an Illinois family law attorney at Wakenight & Associates, P.C. We offer free initial phone consultations
and are available throughout Illinois to help.
Contact us in Oak Park, Mokena, Joliet, Aurora, Elmhurst, Burr Ridge, St. Charles, Lake Forest, Northbrook, Schaumburg,
or Chicago Loop.