Domestic Violence Lawyer Lombard Illinois
Family Law is More than Divorce
Because family law is all we do, attorneys at the Cook, Lake, DuPage, Kane and Will County, Illinois Offices of Wakenight & Associates, P.C . are well-versed in Illinois family law. We have the knowledge and experience to help you with any family law issue that may arise.
Using experience and knowledge to help with all family law matters.
Our attorneys are highly knowledgeable and experienced. They assist with any type of issue, including:
- Domestic violence: Domestic violence can represent an immediate emergency, or it can be an allegation leveled to gain the upper hand in a family law dispute
- Restraining orders/orders of protection: We help clients obtain orders of protection after an incident of domestic violence, such as assault or stalking. We also help clients fight charges of domestic violence and protect assets through the use of injunctions
- Legal separation: Legal separation allows people to remain legally married but terminate the marital estate. Issues related to child custody, child support and spousal maintenance are similar to a divorce.
- Declaration of invalidity: Also known as annulment. Our attorneys help people whose marriages meet legal standards of invalidity, as defined by Illinois law.
- Multi-state litigation: Our attorneys will help clients resolve child custody and visitation issues that cross state lines.
- International litigation: Our firm has acted for parents whose children were removed to another country by an ex-spouse.
- Adoption: In an adoption, once the paperwork is complete, you have all the rights and responsibilities of a parent as if the child were your natural born child— you are the parent.
- Collaborative law: The key to resolving any case by agreement is the willingness of BOTH sides to compromise and agree. You do not need an attorney to enter into an unfair, bad agreement. Your Wakenight attorney will educate you and stand up and fight for you but nonetheless recommend concessions where logical and appropriate.
Contact a Family Law Attorney
FREE PHONE CONSULTATION WITH A DIVORCE ATTORNEY
There's an Office Near You: Oak Park, Downers Grove, Mokena, Joliet, St. Charles, Lincolnshire, Lombard, Northbrook, Schaumburg, or Chicago Loop.