Illinois Family Law Attorneys
Helping People in Crisis - Emergencies
Most family law problems can be anticipated and planned for. Even erratic behavior can be anticipated and thwarted through the issuance of restraining orders, orders of protection or the posting of a bond.
Some "emergency" matters are the result of delays due to wishful thinking or continued attempts to resolve the matter outside of Court after it is clear that judicial involvement is needed. Prudent clients inform their attorney at the first sign of trouble from opposing party.
Don't Hesitate to Call the Police or a Lawyer
At the law firm of Wakenight & Associates, P.C. our lawyers understand how important it is to react quickly if there is a true emergency. We advise clients to call the police if they or their children are in immediate danger. We encourage them to call us as soon as possible to begin working on the required pleadings so we can quickly secure the necessary Order of Court.
Call if you have a family emergency that requires an attorney
What is a Family Law Emergency?
We cannot reiterate strongly enough the importance of calling the police if you feel threatened or in danger. However, there are other emergencies that require timely attention, but do not require you to visit the police station. Our law firm can help with emergencies such as:
- Filing or contesting orders of protection
- Helping you follow through after temporary orders of protection were issued
- Responding when the other parent refuses to let you remove a child from the state for vacation
- Responding when the other parent fails to return a child after scheduled visitation
- Wondering whether the other parent has a drug problem or is allowing friends who use drugs to be around the child
- Worrying that the child may be an abuse victim
- Helping Grandparents seeking emergency custody of a child
We represent men and women alike in matters such as these. Many issues require a prompt response and the filing of emergency petitions and motions. Clients know that they can rely on us to begin working quickly.
Call our Law Firm for Any Family Law Emergency
For advice about divorce or any other family law emergency, contact an attorney at Wakenight & Associates, P.C.
FREE PHONE CONSULTATION WITH A DIVORCE ATTORNEY
There's an Office Near You: Oak Park, Downers Grove, Mokena, Joliet, St. Charles, Lincolnshire, Lombard, Northbrook, Schaumburg, or Chicago Loop.